Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Three Things I Hate About Going To the Doctor's Office

1. Peeing Into a Cup
"Can you pee into a cup for us?" Okay, let's not overlook the extremely creepy wording here. Can I pee for you guys? No thanks. Can I pee to check that I don't have any diseases? Sure thing. In addition to that, every time they ask me this, I have to say no because I, like a normal person, urinate when I need to and don't save up for the doctor's office. There's also just the act of going into a cup and then bringing the fresh pee to them so they can examine it. I'd hate to have that job.

2. Talking About My Sex Life
"Are you sexually active?" No matter what, this question will always be awkward. End of discussion.

3. Being Poked
"Does this hurt?" I don't know. Would you like me to jab my fingers into your waist and ask if that hurts? About 90% of the time, I honestly would not be able to tell you whether it hurts from being prodded or if it hurts because I'm dying.

BONUS:
4. Going To the Doctor's When You're Feeling Particularly Shitty and You're Sure Death Is At Your Door, But They Tell You They Can't Find Anything Wrong
This is much too self explanatory.

Of course, I understand why they need to check all these things. However, that doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment